Post Graduate Diploma in Private Dentistry
The first course of its kind in the UK, specifically designed to help newly qualified dentists transition successfully into a rewarding career in private practice. All the course lecturers are successful and experienced in their chosen fields and here to share their clinical and life experiences of dentistry.
19 intensive study days giving you a strong foundation in record keeping, diagnosis and treatment planning with particular focus on composite bonding, facial aesthetics, endodontics, orthodontics, removable partial dentures and implants. You will be encouraged to show a finished case on the final course days for record keeping through to finished treatment.
Extra content via webinars between course dates covering a myriad of other clinical and business of dentistry topics.
Delegates are encouraged to bring along their own cases for discussion and guidance
Lessons: 19 Days
Duration: 18 Months
CPD Hours: 133 (+ Webinar hours)
Suited To: Specifically for recently qualified dentists building a career in private dentistry.
- Diagnosis and treatment planning – Data collection, record keeping to achieve correct diagnosis. Evidence based systematic approach to treatment planning. The use of recognised assessment tools and classifications to aid treatment planning. Clinical photography as a clinical tool in contemporary dentistry. Hands on session, basic photography kit, settings and standards.
- Posterior and anterior composites (2 sessions), theory sessions and lots of hands on.
- The expanding role of removal of partial dentures, design principles, hands on design session. Demystifying dentures, support and dialogue with prosthetic technicians.
- Facial aesthetics, and introduction to the basics of botox and fillers, anatomy, clinical assessment and treatment planning, injection techniques, hands on session with botox and saline.
- Endodontics, biology of endodontics, review of different root canal shaping techniques, pain, anaesthesia, analgesia and medicaments. Obturation materials and techniques. Hands on sessions.
- Orthodontics, record keeping and assessment of the malocclusion, create a problem list and treatment plan. Simple mechanics, Fixed appliances and aligners, their risks and benefits. Practical session bonding up a typodont. Support form orthodontic lab.
- Implants, the role of implants as a viable restorative option. Scientific basis and recognised assessment tools toad treatment planning. Learn how to select straightforward cases to treat. Support and dialogue with implant technicians.
- Additional webinars to cover, perio, occlusion and digital dentistry as well as the non clinical side including, litigation, marketing, ethical sales, motivation and mental health, business and practice purchase.
This qualification is designed to help you explore different areas of dentistry and where your career might take you. Most of the assessments are practically based and can be completed within the guided learning hours. There will be reading required before each module and some will be assessed via MCQ’s. You will be paired up with another delegate and show your final cases study on the last study days. There will be a group platform where you can discuss cases with other delegates and the course lecturers.
- 19 study days over 18 months (9 blocks)
- Limited to 14 delegates
- Guest webinars between teaching blocks
- Support Community
- Course fees £9975 + vat = £11970 (inc EduQual registration fee). Deposit and balance plan